Grilled Pizza is the BEST....and what PIZZA CRUST to use IS NOT A DEBATE.
I see endless forum recipes and all kinds of equipment and ingredients going into the preparation for a simple thin crust pizza. I've tried them all and I keep coming back to my .89 cent package of Betty Crocker Pizza Crust Mix. It is ready in about two minutes, cooks very consistently and tastes great.
Here are the dough's rolled out (by hand only) with a light drizzle of EVOO and a sprinkling of Paul Prudhommes Pasta and Pizza Magic. We use 2 Cups of Shredded Mozzarella cheese on each pizza recipe we make.
Ingredients for our cook tonight - One Veggie Pizza and one Sausage
- Two packages of Betty Crocker Pizza Dough
- 1 Cup of HOT water
- 1 Pound of Honeysuckle Italian Turkey Sausage, browned in the microwave
- 1 Red Bell Pepper (organic)
- 6 Sweet Banana peppers (seeded and chopped) (organic - Cat Poop Only)
- 1 Green Bell Pepper (organic)
- 1/2 Large Vidalia Onion, Sliced and diced.
- 30 or so Sweet 100 Cherry Tomatoes (organic), slice in half
- Black Olives
- Canned Mushrooms
- 1 Pint - 'Hulsmeyer Family' Homemade Pizza Sauce
- Parchment paper
- Crushed Red Peppers (garnish)
- Fire up BGE to T Rex
- Add Plate-setter, legs down
- Add Pizza Stone
- Close lid and bring temp to 450-600 degrees (it REALLY isn't that critical after you reach the 500 range, its about time and one peek at about 8 minutes.
- Prepare pizzas, place on parchment paper and transfer to pizza stone
- Cook for 9-13 minutes (depends MOSTLY on number and thickness of ingredients. The BC Pizza dough is typically done in about 10-11 minutes.